SharePoint User Auditor 2.0 Beta
For some time now, the has been the odd statement about the next version of the User Auditor being in development. For the most part, this meant that the SUA2.0 release was vaporware. Well, that’s changed. For those of you interested in seeing what how the latest and greatest of User Auditors is shaping out, the Beta for the User Auditor has been placed online. The link is below.
New features in 2.0:
- Better performance (Yay, it’s faster!)
- Filter users by permission level
- Groups filtered by selected site
- Group permissions shown
Possible features in 2.0:
- Editing user permissions from the GUI
Missing features in the Beta:
- The menu is disabled
- No registration codes can be entered (it’s a beta after all)
- Exporting is not enabled (it was occasionally buggy in 1.0 so it’s being re-written and it’s not done yet)
Things to note about the Beta:
- There may be some odd error messages in use here. Sorry.
- I am NOT collecting information on how you use the Beta.
- For all the chess players out there… the Beta uses Chess pieces to denote permission level. I am aware that I rank the Knights just above Pawns in showing rank. I understand that many people value Knights in chess and that the ordering in the application implies that the Knights are less valuable than Bishops. You may feel differently. I personally value Bishops more and therefore the app shows that. I will apologize now if this ranking offends you.
So without further adoooo,
Hope you like it.